Username Post: Questions about space Issues
Chaigirl 

Reg: 02-22-16
02-22-16 07:26 PM - Post#14872    

As I have pondered the idea creating a convention in a very distant future, I have some questions I'd like to ask.

1. Do you need a room block? I know most conventions have one, but having the attendees buy their own rooms (no group rate) seems like an easy way to save majorly on costs. Would this be frowned upon?

2. The following link shows the floorplans for 2 places I was considering: http://thehouseontherock.com/HOTR_Groups_Meetings_ FloorPlans.htm Which would be better?

The resort meeting rooms look to have the better layout as you have 6 rooms, 4 of which can be combined into 2 larger rooms or one big room if needed. It's also in the hotel, making getting back to your room to change costumes or take a quick break easier.

The wintergreen conference rooms have more space overall, but I'm not sure if the layout is better or worse. It's also 2.5 miles away from the hotel, making the only place to change the bathrooms.

Which would make the better venue? Is there any other points I should consider between the two locations?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.053 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:30 PM