Username Post: Responding to Emails
TheNerdyAgent 

Reg: 01-10-18
03-05-18 11:34 AM - Post#15606    
    In response to Proz

The fact that you have a FAQ page and a clear explanation is exactly what is missing from most conventions. Bottom line, if you post an email address with no disclaimer, then it is RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL to ignore emails. There is no such thing as an "unsolicited" email when you post a method of contact on your web page with no disclaimer.
It is also worth noting that there is a big difference between cosplay guests, self-published authors, extras and true "celebrity" guests. I find it odd that any true "celebrity" guest would be hounding a convention for an invite....I know my clients are busy doing voice over work and winning Emmy's to wish for me to hound a convention. I cannot imagine the the cast of Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon begging to be invited to a convention - and if they are - then it's likely because the convention was too rude to reply. When a "celebrity" reaches out, it would be advantageous to offer a courtesy reply - as they are the reason you have conventions to begin with, so it's in poor taste to dismiss their requests and dump them in a spam folder.
The general perception among voice actors that are ignored is that the convention has gotten too high on its own self - and has since lost sight of why it exists in the first place.
Again - this is just the direct feedback from clients - I don't speak for everyone, but I do believe that this sentiment is echoed by many.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.045 seconds.   Total Queries: 16  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:29 PM